Mode of Action of Azadirachtin
Azadirachtin’s primary mode of action is as an antifeedant, but it also disrupts normal insect growth/molting, repels larvae and adults, sterilizes adults and deters egg laying.
Benefits of Azadirachtin
- Produce a great variety of secondary metabolites potentially applicable in IPM programs.
- It is a broad spectrum of active action on more than 600 pest species.
- Its chemical complexity minimizes the potential risk of insect resistance.
- Azadirachtin is very well-received by the root system, and, subsequently, it is systematically distributed through the xylem into the green parts of plant tissues and stored in leaves in an unchanged form.
- It is harmless to non-target and beneficial organisms like earthworm, honey bees, mammals and other vertebrates.
- Safe to use with conventional and special fertilizers simultaneously.
- It is organic, non-toxic, 100% biodegradable and eco-friendly.
Available Formulations of Azadirachtin
- Azadirachtin 0.03% EC (300ppm)
- Azadirachtin 0.3% EC (3,000ppm)
- Azadirachtin 0.15% EC (1500ppm)
- Azadirachtin 1% EC (10,000ppm)
- Azadirachtin 3% EC (30,000ppm)
- Azadirachtin 5% EC (50,000ppm)
- Azadirachtin 10% EC (1,00,000ppm)
Azadirachtin is a broad spectrum pesticide which affects over 600 species of pests including insects, nematodes, fungi, and viruses, and is completely safe to non-target organisms like beneficial predators, honey bees, pollinators, fish, birds, cattle, and human beings.
Fruits, vegetables and plantation crops, greenhouses, turf, outdoor ornamentals and agricultural crops such as sugarcane, paddy, cotton and tea.
Dosage of Azadirachtin
0.03% EC: 2.0-2.5 litre/acre
0.15% EC: 1.0-1.5 litre /acre.
0.3%EC: 600-750 ml/acre
1.0% EC: 400-500ml/ acre
3.0% EC: 250 – 350 ml/acre
5% EC: 200- 250 ml/acre
10% EC: 100-150 ml/acre