- Azospirillum is nitrogen fixing (20- 40 kg N/ha) bio-inoculant and is suitable for all crops except legumes.
- Apart from nitrogen fixation, Azospirillum synthesizes a considerable amount of biologically active substances viz. vitamins, nicotinic acid, indole acetic acids and gibberellins.
- These help the crop in better germination, early emergence and better root development. Stimulates growth and imparts stay green character to plants/crop, is a characteristic of a healthy plant/crop.
Method of Application & Dosage
- Seed treatment: Before sowing the seeds, treat one kg of seeds with 35-40 gm of formulation with a minimum amount of water required, dry in shade.
- Soil application: Mix 5 kg of formulation with 100 kg of well-decomposed organic manure or 50 kg vermicompost, keep the mixture under shade for one week and broadcast to the field.
- Drip irrigation: Mix five kg of formulation in 100 litre of water. Filter the mixture with a muslin / malmal cloth and use the filtered solution in drip irrigation for one acre.