EMB is a member of naturally occurring Evermectin family of insecticides. It is a highly recommended product that can be employed for the control of Lepidopterans such as bollworms in cotton and fruit and shoot borers in okra.
The effectiveness of Emamectin benzoate 5% SG is maximum when ingested by the insect larva. Post the ingestion of this chemical compound the affected larvae get paralyzed.
The larval feeding stops shortly after exposure to Emamectin Benzoate 5% SG and such larvae die after 2-4 days.
Mode of Action of Emamectin Benzoate 5% SG
Emamectin Benzoate 5% SG shows trans-laminar movement by penetrating within the leaf tissues. It is a non-systemic insecticide.
Target Crops: Cotton, Okra, Cabbage, Brinjal, Chilli, Red gram, Chick pea, Tobacco, Other vegetables.
Target Pests: Lepidopteran species, Bollworm, Fruit & shoot borer, pod borer, thrips, etc.
Method of Application
- Recommended doses must be sprayed depending on the appearance of pests on the crop.
- A small amount of clean water must be taken.
- A required amount of EMB 5% SG must be added into the clean water and the solution must be stirred well with a rod or a stick.
Dosage of Emamectin Benzoate 5% SG
|Okra||Fruit & Shoot Borer||135-170|
|Chilli||Fruit borer, thrips, mites||200|
|Red gram||Pod borer||220|
|Brinjal||Fruit & Shoot borer||200|
|Chick pea||Pod borer||220|
- WHO classification: Class II, moderately hazardous.
- Direct contact with skin, eyes, inhalation, ingestion of the compound must be avoided.
- Swallowing of the compound is harmful. In such cases immediately consult a qualified doctor.
- Label instructions must be carefully read and thoroughly followed.