- Selection of Land/Farm: Smooth lands with good water retention capacity and 6.5 to 8.0 pH suitable for paddy cultivation. Paddy cultivation can also be successfully done on a light loam land with adequate irrigation.
- Selection of land for Nursery: – To prepare the nursery, the empty field after harvest of sugarcane or berseem will be an ideal choice. The land should be selected with suitable means of drainage, away from shade and adequate arrangement of irrigation. Weeds should be destroyed completely by running harrows and cultivator.
- Area and nutrients for the nursery: – For 1000 square meters, use 1000 kg of compost with 0.5 kg Trichoderma viride and 0.5 kg Pseudomonas fluorescens; or use 2-3 kg Zinc Sulphate for 1000 square meters. Apply 5 kg urea on the 10th day of the sowing.
- Farm preparation: – Prepare the farm by ploughing twice or thrice after the summer ploughing. The surface of the farm should be equal. Besides, the farm must bunds also be made strong in order to accumulate more rainwater. The land must be irrigated a week before planting paddy. During irrigation, spread 2 kg of Crop Tiger per acre in the field equally. Before transplanting, ploughing should be done with harrow twice or thrice and later, the land must be harvested and ploughed with tiller or paddler so that it becomes equal.
- Farm soil treatment: – Mix 150-200 kg cow dung manure / FYM / compost of leaves mixed with 2.0 kg Trichoderma viride and 2.0 kg of Pseudomonas fluorescens. Spray water for moisture and covered with a wet gunny bag/ polythene sheet. Remix the heap after 4 days and again cover the heap. After 7 or more days this mixture will be use for soil treatment and is sufficient for 1 acre.
- Selection of variety: – The selection of variety is very important to achieve good yield with the best quality. Select the suitable variety on basis of area, crop duration, yield, low or high water requiring and demand in market.
- Selection of healthy seeds: – Take a tub with half filled water and pour the whole seeds which is to be sown in nursary. Discard the floating seeds with the help of seive. Throw. The seeds settled at the bottom should be use for nursary sowing.
- Treatment of seeds: – Seed treatment is essential for the prevention of seed and siol borne diseases. Make a solution of Carbandiazem or Thiram @ 2g/kg seed and Pep-Rice primer (@10 ml per kg seed) in 40 liters of water. Soak 20-25 kg seeds in this solution for 24 hours. Take out these seeds from the solution and put them under a shade for sprouting. The seeds must be layered in 4-5 inches thick. Cover well with a wet sack. Keep spraying little water on the sack until the seeds are germinated. Approximately after 36-48 hours the seeds must be completely germinated.
* For Organic Treatment
An organic treatment will be ideal for ultimate organic rice production. Make a solution Pep-Rice Primer (@10 ml/kg of seeds) and 250 gm Trichoderma viride and 250 gm Pseudomonas fluorescens in 50 liters of water. Soak 20-25 kg of seeds for 24 hours and follow the same procedure as mentioned above for sprouting.
- Selection of Fertilizer: – Fertilizer should be chosen after testing the soil. It is recommended not to use DAP or Single Super Phosphate with Zinc Sulphate. Use only the right amount of fertilizer;
After 30-35 days of transplantation, spray Zinc Pep 7000 of @ 1.0 -1.5 ml /liter of water. A total of 200 liters of this solution must be sprayed on 1 acre of land.
After 50-55 days of transplantation, spray Nano Aminofert Gold liquid @ 1.0 -1.5 ml /liter of water. A total of 200 liters of this solution must be sprayed on 1 acre of land.
- Process of Transplantation: – The field must be filled with water and ploughed twice or thrice. The seedlings of 20-25 days is best suited for transplanting. The distance between plant to plant and line to the line should be 15 to 20 cm. Always plant 2-3 plants at one place. Transplant the seedlings 1.0-1.5 inches deep. The field should have 2-3 inches of water at the time of transplanting. There should be 30-35 plants approximate minimum in one square meter.
Note: Before transplanting, mix 250 gms of Pseudomonas fluorescens powder in a solution of 20 liters of water and immerse the root of plants for 30-35 minutes, then plant it. This treatment is very useful for the prevention of Bakane disease, sheath blight, and other soil-borne diseases.
- Irrigation management: – The water must be maintained in field (2-3 inches) for 45 days after transplantation. The fields should have enough water at the time of bursting of blossoms, flowering, and grain formation. This makes phosphorus, iron and manganese elements easily available and also reduces weeds.
- Drain and weed control: – Use the khurpi or paddy weeder to destroy weeds in field or any weedicides / herbicide available in the market. But keep in mind that such chemicals must be use after 6-7 days from the treatment of Trichoderma viride and Pseudomonas fluorescens.
- Crop protection from major insects and diseases:
|S.No.||Name of Insect||Insect identity||Effected part of plant||Control|
|1||Stem Borer||Striped – Pink, White or Yellow larvae||The main stem and tillers turn white.||Cartap Hydrochloride 4% G or Cartap Hydrochloride 50% SP or other insecticide available in the market|
|2||Leaf Folder||Light green or sallow color larvae||Soft leaves (wraps itself in the leaf and hides in it)||Cartap Hydrochloride 4% G or Cartap Hydrochloride 50% SP or other insecticide available in the market|
|3||Brown/white plant hopper||Light brown white color hopper||Stems and leaves (Whole plant)||Spray Vintage 100g / acre|
|S.No.||Name of Disease||Symptoms of Disease||The effective part of the plant||Control|
|1||Blast or Blight||Eye-shaped Brown spots on the leaves and even the edges turns brown.||Leaf, stem and buds||Tebuconazole 50%+ Trifloxystrobin 25% w/w WG or other available in the market|
|2||Bacterial Leaf Blight||Drying of edges of the leaves or the entire leaf gets a ash-color patch||Leaf, buds and grains||Streptomycin or other available in the market|
|3||Sheath blight||Long green spots on the sheath becomes brown||Leaves and buds reduces and thus growth stops.||Tebuconazole 50%+ Trifloxystrobin 25% w/w WG or other available in the market|
|4||Khaira disease||Chlorotic midribs, particularly near the leaf base of younger leaves||Overall growth stops.||Zinc Pep 7000|
|5||Foot Rot or Bakanae Disease||Thin plants with yellow leaves or seedling dries at early tillering.||Roots, stem and the whole plant||Soil must be treated well with Trichoderma viride & Pseudomonas fluorescens. Even the roots of the seedlings must be dipped in Pseudomonas fluorescens at the time of transplantation.|
|6||False Smut||Instead of rice, a yellow or black colored powder develops in the grain.||Grains and buds||Treat the seeds with fungicide.|
- Harvesting and Storage:
Harvesting should be done when the crop is almost 90% mature. Store the grains after gradually drying. The good quality of the yield gets the right market value. For long-term storage, the farmer should dry the paddy well before storage.
- Level the farm with Laser Land leveler.
- Must use FYM, compost or green manure in the field.
- Must remove weeds from the main crop early before flowering.
- Use a balanced fertilizer at the right time. Potassium, Zinc, and Ferrous must be provided to crop.
- Seedlings must be planted straight and not diagonally. Depth may not exceed 1 – 1.5 inches.
- Soak the roots of plants in the solution of Trichoderma viride and treat the soil with Trichoderma viride & Pseudomonas fluorescens to prevent blast blight and Bakane disease.
- Keeping the water level of 3-5 centimeters of planting for 45 days after transplantation.
- Keep track of disease and insects by frequent observation of field and manage at the early stage.