Today, good agricultural production is the need of everyone because it directly affects our food plate, in such a situation the importance of a good agricultural production can be understood. There are many small or undeveloped countries whose economy depends on agriculture production. According to data from the World Bank, agriculture production contributes around 4% to the global economy and GDP. A healthy agricultural production depends on various factors like soil quality, water, fertilizers, skilled labor, and more. Fertilizer is the most crucial thing that influences agricultural production. A fertilizer is a kind of chemical or natural substance that is helpful in crop production. However, to achieve quick agricultural yields we usually use chemical fertilizers which are very responsive to biofertilizers but the chemical fertilizers are not eco-friendly as biofertilizers.
Biofertilizers are the best substitutes for chemical fertilizers. Biofertilizers are microorganism-containing substances that, when added to soil, increase fertility and promote plant growth. Bio fertilizers are also eco-friendly fertilizers because they don’t harm the environment and are also helpful in restoring original soil fertility.
Importance of Biofertilizers:-
There are many reasons which define the importance of biofertilizers:-
- It improves the soil texture and enhances plant outputs.
- They prevent infections from flourishing.
- Bio fertilizers are eco-friendly fertilizers (they don’t harm the environment) and are cost-effective.
- it also destroys the harmful substances which create diseases in plants
- Even in semi-arid circumstances, bio fertilizers are successful.
Types of Biofertilizers:-
Biofertilizers have a broad segment. It has very different kinds of living organism-based bacteria like:-
- Bio NPK
- Potassium Solubilizing Bacteria
- Phosphate solubilizing bacteria
- Zinc Solubilizing Bacteria
- Sulphur Solubilizing Bacteria
Rhizobium is one of the top bio fertilizer that widely used in farming. There are many different kinds of bio fertilizers, and have unique characteristics with different target crops. Let us know more about it in detail below.
Bio NPK is a combination of three different types of bacteria. Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium. NPK bio fertilizer boosts nitrogen uptake while also producing plant growth hormones and vitamins. These aids the crop’s germination, early emergence, and root development.
NPK bio fertilizer increases the availability of micronutrients (such as Mn, Mg, Fe, Mo, B, Zn, and Cu) from the soil to the plant, resulting in faster root growth, and nutrients uptake, and increased resistance/tolerance to diseases/drought.
NPK Fertilizers play an important role in solubilizing potassium from insoluble forms by producing organic acids, which aid in the uptake of other elements such as nitrogen, phosphorus, calcium, and so on. NPK bio fertilizer increases crop resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses and improves fruit and grain quality. NPK bio fertilizer boosts yield and quality by 20 to 30 percent.
Acetobacter is a Nitrogen-Fixing Bacteria (Biofertilizers) and is widely used for sugar-producing crops. Acetobacter forms colonies inside the crop tissues and provides sufficient nitrogen in crops. It also produces growth hormones that support roots & shoot growth.
Advantages of Acetobacter:-
- It improves soil fertility.
- Nature-friendly and chemical-free solutions.
- Encourage root proliferation and rootlet density and branching, which results in increased mineral and water uptake and plant growth.
Azospirillum is also a type of Nitrogen-fixing bio-inoculant and is used as a biofertilizer. Azospirillum also produces a large number of biologically active substances such as vitamins, nicotinic acid, indole acetic acids, and gibberellins.
Advantages of Azospirillum:-
- Stimulate plant growth
- Helpful in nitrogen fixation
- Helps in better germination
- Helps in better root development
Mycorrhiza is a kind of fungus used in crops as a bio fertilizer. Mycorrhiza fungi form a symbiotic relationship with plant roots to increase the absorption of phosphor, water, and minerals from the soil. It also protects from diseases causing organisms to the roots. Mycorrhiza also restores original soil fertility.
Advantages of Mycorrhiza:-
- Improves nutrient absorption from the soil.
- Improves plant growth.
- Improves stress management.
- Helps in healthier and dense root development.
Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria
Phosphate solubilizing bacteria or PSB is capable of solubilizing inorganic phosphate from insoluble components. PSB is widely used as a bio fertilizers for plant growth and nutrient use efficiency. Soil microbes play an important role in regulating the decomposition dynamics of organic matter and the availability of plant nutrients such as nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), and other nutrients.
Advantages of Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria:-
- Increase the availability of micronutrients such as Mn, Mg, Fe, Mo, B, Zn, and Cu from the soil in addition to P2O5.
- Stimulate rapid root growth for water and nutrient absorption.
- Produce organic acids such as malic, succinic, fumaric, citric, tartaric acid, and acetic acid that accelerate P2O5, and increase maturation and yield.
- Increases disease resistance and drought tolerance in plants due to rapid cell growth.
- Substances that promote growth, such as adapting to the plant along with other beneficial microbes.
- Reduce the need for phosphatic fertilizer by 25 – 30%.
Potassium Solubilizing Bacteria
Potassium soluble bacteria is a biofertilizer that plays an important role in the formation of mono acids and proteins, these are produced by ammonium ions, which are then absorbed by the root from the soil. It also helps plants to take up other elements that activate several enzymes.
Advantages of Potassium Solubilizing Bacteria or PSB:-
- It helps in raising potash in all soil types and increases the crop yield by 15-20%.
- Increases crop resistance against different weather conditions
- Improves fruit and grain size and quality of crops.
- It also helps in photosynthesis properly.
Application of Biofertilizers:-
Soil Treatment: Bio fertilizers can be used to treat soil since they restore the soil’s original fertility. For soil treatment, we mixed bio fertilizers with compost fertiliser and, we kept mixture for a night. Then we spread this mixture into soil where seed is to be sown.
Seed Treatment: We can also use organic fertilizers to treat the seeds. For seed treatment process, seeds are soaked in a mixture of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers. After that, the seeds dry out and harden as quickly as possible.
These are some of the most important Bio fertilizers types that are widely used in crops. So Bio fertilizers are the need of the hour. They are stable reliable and enviornment-friendly also. Peptech Biosciences deals in various types of Bio fertilizers. You may check the technical details of Biofertilizers-Products
You can Contact Us for the best Price.